Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well My E-Brake cable snapped. Has anyone ever replaced one? It looks like it's an inexpensive fix from Napa $19. But I'm concerned on how it goes in? Any how-to's anywhere?

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
First, which cable? There are two. The first runs from the foot petal to a loop under the car, the second is the loop. Each goes together like a bike brake cable. The petal section end has a slug that slips through a slot, the other end has a threaded rod. The back section has a slug on each end that goes to a lever inside the brake drum on each side. You are going to have more trouble getting things apart than anything else. Once you see the old parts installed, replacing them will be easy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually the intermediate cable. The cable that goes from the pedal to the coupler is in tact and ends right around the transmission, the cable that goes from there to the rear wheels snapped. The rear wheel cables/coupler is in tact. Any diagrams/pics of what the loop should look like?

Also, do all 4 wheels attach? just getting my head around it all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts