Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to reconnect my emergency break cable to the handle. I have searched the forum but cannot locate a thread that covers this.

I can see the cable coming out of the back lower left side of the wall but cannot make it out as to how it routes and connects to the handle?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I made a new post because couldnt find this one called parking brake diagram you should see it under new posts it is on the body and chassis forum section

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to reconnect my emergency break cable to the handle. I have searched the forum but cannot locate a thread that covers this.

I can see the cable coming out of the back lower left side of the wall but cannot make it out as to how it routes and connects to the handle?
check this out another member posted for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and information. I have the manual but what is throwing me off is that my brake cable does not line up like the one in the manual. My brake cable comes up far more left and does not line up under the attachment site like in the diagram. I should have time to post some pics later today. Thank You

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to complete this post. Well after spending about 10 minutes looking at the brake cable and its attachment site I figured it out. Yes, the cable does follow the same path as in the manual. I first needed to loosen the cable so it would better lineup with the attachment site. Once I had enough play in the cable it easily attached. I now have a functioning E-Brake! Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts