Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm..... I was wondering if anyone had heard of there being a dragstrip outside of Elizabeth City? A friend told me there was one located not to far outside of the limits and I was just a wondering if anyone had heard of it.

-Krystal

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya hat would you like to know they have a website i think you can get there threw the ihra home page oh and do you drive a blue 4 door with a 307

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
My cousin lives right down the road from the strip you are talking about. It's an 1/8 mile track called Northeast Dragway. I called him and he gave me directions from Barco. 17 South through Elizabeth City. Continue 6-7 miles after Elizabeth City and turn RIGHT on Foreman Bundy Rd. Take Foreman Bundy to the stop sign and the end of the road. You will make a RIGHT and a immediate LEFT on Lake Rd. Northeast Dragway is on Lake Rd. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Anyone remember Creeds drag strip? Use to go there. Friend named of Bill Hurst use to rece the Va. circuit quite often in the mid/late sixties.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Phil said:
Anyone remember Creeds drag strip? Use to go there. Friend named of Bill Hurst use to rece the Va. circuit quite often in the mid/late sixties.
I don't remember Bill Hurst, But I remember Fred Hurst who used to run in the Southeast back in that time frame. Ran Mopars, usually maroon.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
The Northeast Dragway is off 17 right outside Elizabeth City. You go EC to head toward Nags Head, Kitty Hawk area. You might have seen it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts