Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Others have posted that they have used electric latches from 80's era Caddy's on their trunks. Other than wiring, what, if any, modifications are required for this change.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Something I wnat to do to my 63... along for the ride!

Mark

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is a trunk pull down assembly from a Caddy I bought new back in the late 90's always thinging it would come in handy some day, but I've still not used it.

I think I paid $10 for it way back then. It's pretty cool in that you just push you trunk down and it latches with the trunk bearclaw latch but triggers the motor switch in the Caddy unit. It then pulls the trunk down tight and you don't have to slam it down at all.

When you do an electric release, there are MANY available in the streetrod magazines as that's about what everyone does for doors and trunks etc. Some do also use the Caddy unit shown above to secure their trunk lids.

The options are wide open to you.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Thats something that I had on my 92 Camaro RS.

It pulls it in slowly, which I thought it was a cool option it had :yes:

I miss that car at times...but o well, hope someone else is enjoying it :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
This is a trunk pull down assembly from a Caddy I bought new back in the late 90's always thinging it would come in handy some day, but I've still not used it.

I think I paid $10 for it way back then. It's pretty cool in that you just push you trunk down and it latches with the trunk bearclaw latch but triggers the motor switch in the Caddy unit. It then pulls the trunk down tight and you don't have to slam it down at all.

When you do an electric release, there are MANY available in the streetrod magazines as that's about what everyone does for doors and trunks etc. Some do also use the Caddy unit shown above to secure their trunk lids.

The options are wide open to you.
About what year caddy was that?

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts