Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put an electric fan on my 65 nova SS. Ive got a 350 motor with 260 hp.I think it has a 65 amp alternator on it. I have a 3 row radiator for cooling. I did a search but only found some talk about the markVII fan. Could someone point me in the right direction for info. Has anyone got any pics? Thanks in advance, Jumm The only gauge I have is on the instrument cluster and on a hot day at the stop light the needle creeps up between the m and P. I dont have a shroud on. (ordered one from classic ind when I bought the radiator but it wont fit)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone with a 1st gen. car put an aftermarket 14 inch electric fan on there car? Would this cool my car with the motor specs that I have printed above? Thanks in advance, Jumm

·
Registered
399 Posts
Pictures JUMM

Hey you can click on my photobucket link at bottom of this page and you can see a few pictures of the fan I have on my car. It is a 93 Ford Tauras fan 2 speed it moves alot of air but I'm unsure if its going to cool my car. I do have the stock radiator in it. My problem is going down the road at speed around 70mph the engine is turning 3000 rpm and the temp. whats to creep up. The other day it was about 72 deg. out and took a road trip and it got to about 205 deg. I'm going to play with it some more.

Like I said it a Tauras fan and it fit perfect on the rad. covering top to bottom had to build some sides to bolt it too. The fan controler is mounted of the shroud on battery side and the capillary tube is in the top rad. hose. Look at the battery box and under it is a hobby box with the relays in it and going up next to the spring tower is the fuses for it one for high speed and the other for low speed. Oh for the high speed of the fan to come on I used a toggle switch inside the glove box. Pretty simple to do jsut time consuming to wire it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts