Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this fan i found at summit is pretty small and it pulls 3300 cfm of air. i was wondering if putting two of these on my radiator would be a good idea? would there be any negatives of doing it?

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Find out at what pressure that 3300 CFM was rated at. I doubt it's anything close to actual atmospheric pressure. Its actual CFM may be much lower at normal pressures. :bored:

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
If it can pull 3300 CFM through the radiator, that is close to a Taurus fan on high. Two would cool a Mack truck. How many amps does it pull? That will tell us if it is strong enough to pull through the radiator. It should be in the close to 30 Amps.

I wouldn't think it would be very loud. A 12inch blade is small and will have a relatively low speed at the blade tips.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
If it can pull 3300 CFM through the radiator, that is close to a Taurus fan on high. .
Taurus fans run 2500 CFM on low speed and 4500 CFM on high. Hurricane baby!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
3300CFM at 7 amps sounds a lil off. I have a Flex-a-lite black magic 15" fan that draws about 13 amps and is only rated at 2800CFM.. And it blows, ok, sucks like gang busters. That coupled with a small griffin rad and heat isnt an issue. JR

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
3300CFM at 7 amps sounds a lil off. I have a Flex-a-lite black magic 15" fan that draws about 13 amps and is only rated at 2800CFM.. And it blows, ok, sucks like gang busters. That coupled with a small griffin rad and heat isnt an issue. JR
I think ALL fan ratings are a bit off.

In Zirgo's PDF manuals, they show the advertised CFM ratings starting at 1"-6" of atmospheric pressure. Since normal atmospheric pressure is around 30", those fan CFM ratings are vastly overstated. Even so, the Zirgo 16" fan cools very well in my experience.

Fitting a Taurus fan on a small radiator may be a problem. Lots of trimming of the shroud would be necessary to get it to fit. I would have used one if I thought there was any way to stuff it into 4.5" of space on a 22" radiator. :no::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Taurus fans run 2500 CFM on low speed and 4500 CFM on high. Hurricane baby!!:eek:
I believe the Taursus fans are closer to 3800. The Lincoln fans are close to 4500 CFM. Either way, they pull serious air through the AC condensor and Radiator. They pull about 35 amps on high though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts