Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from anybody still running orignal radiators in car. I need a good electric fan that will work well with orignal radiator, mine is not cooling at all. Should I go back to the mechanical fan that worked well before my rebuild. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes

I think you should go back to mechanical. I did, works better for me than the 2 electric fans that WERE on there. If youve got a 67 (user ID) then get the clutch fan replacement from your local auto parts store. Mine works great and was only about 60 for the fan AND clutch

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yup, for a stock rad cant really beat a clutch fan. I would go that route. JR

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Thanks, I have built 331, vortec heads, xe258h comp cam, 625 carter, headers and 2200 stall, th700r4, stock 8.2 rear for now 3.08. I was thinking that this would be a mild build? Agree?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds good, I'm doing close to that. 350 crate motor w/10,000 on it, 10.22:1 pistons, .507 lift Lunati cam, jegs tubular headers for 1st and 2nd gen Novas, rebuilt original Powerglide w/2200 stall, stock rebuilt pegleg rear with triple leafs, and a power brake kit with discs on the front. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts