Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Lets see, advantages, cost, tune-ability, appearance (for some) fix-ability on the road, old school look. Oh, those are the carbs positives.

I have EFI and love it. A whole lot of positives. Fuel mileage is one, fuel smell, doesnt smell like the lawn mower Hhahah, great starting, instant throttle response, exacting tune-ability, altitude changes dont affect it, possible higher compression ratio and other stuff I just cant think of. Basically its just a better way to meter fuel into the engine.

Down sides, cost and alot of the positives from the carb side are negatives for EFI. When yer broke down a EFI system can be a bear to track down the causes. A carb is easy, it can even limp you home with a failure. And every corner parts store can get you home one way or another with a carb. Might need some AAA help with EFI..

But three of my five cars (all junkers) have EFI so its part of the family. My one car with a weber carb gets finicky if I dont drive her much, it likes to have the fuel flowing!! JR

1 - 1 of 1 Posts