Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on this cam from someone who's using or used it plz what should I expect? I already have its in my motor the engine is completely rebuild new bearings and rings and pistons its a 350 .40 over with flat top pistons im running completely redone 2.02 camel backs thanks

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
It's 30+ year old design. I had one in a 391" small block--ran in the 12's with 3.31 geared open diff. There are far better grinds out there, but if you already have it...

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
it is an old grind but an excellent street cam. great manners and sounds very nice.. if you have it i would use it. if you are buying then look at voodoo..IMO

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ive already got it it's already in the motor I'm just waiting on my oil pump I just want something thats got a good sound and power it's going in my little nova the numbers didn't look bad thanks for the feedback gu:cool:ys!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I have the RPM performer cam in my 350. I also use some old rpm performer heads. :D

I had no idea it was the same grind from 30 years ago. Id love to see that info. And NO! Not cause I think its bunk info, only cause its a part of history at this point if its been around as the same grind for 30+ years. Thats some major durability with that kind of history, hell prolly older than some of our viewers.

And 30+ years is unheard of with the technology of today. And that includes the tech that Edelbrock has. If they saw a dead spot on the grind after this many years Im sure they are capable of re-tooling LOL They make so many cams its silly.

Its a good cam. Ok, here is where Ill stray a lil. I dont like to use parts cause they sound good. Cept maybe exhaust and stereos :D Does it sound good? Yes. It has a nice lope if thats what you want. But NEVER, NEVER would I choose a cam for sound. It has to breath with the heads, induction and exhaust. It HAS to perform.

Mine is matched up with the rpm performer heads and edelbrock efi. I cant even say how it will perform with other parts.. JR

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
I had no idea it was the same grind from 30 years ago. Id love to see that info. And NO! Not cause I think its bunk info, only cause its a part of history at this point if its been around as the same grind for 30+ years.

This really isn't unbelievable to me. Before I upgraded the cam in the ZZ4 i searched around a lot for off the shelf stuff, not custom. Years ago, 25+, I always ran Crower. Truthfully was disappointed to find not much change in their grinds since then unless you went custom. And Crower then and now, makes darned good stuff!!
Now I'm a serious Lunati fan. Their Voodoo series is up to date and rocks!
Went from bottom 13's to 12.70 with a 60121 Voodoo, later changed to a 60122 Voodoo and went to 12.30's. Need to get some machine work done on the heads to accept the higher lift but a 60123 Voodoo is in the future.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Their Voodoo series is up to date and rocks!
Went from bottom 13's to 12.70 with a 60121 Voodoo, later changed to a 60122 Voodoo and went to 12.30's. Need to get some machine work done on the heads to accept the higher lift but a 60123 Voodoo is in the future.
I agree, I am running their 60113 hyd. roller (560/565 lift - 243/251 @.050"). It likes my little 383.:yes::D:yes:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I researched that cam and there was alot of mixed reviews online I feel like my setup should work good big valves to breath right mid range intake street avenger carb its just a weekend car I have a brick tied to my shoe I like to go fast sI just want something that will really pick up and GO!! Lol
I have the RPM performer cam in my 350. I also use some old rpm performer heads. :D

I had no idea it was the same grind from 30 years ago. Id love to see that info. And NO! Not cause I think its bunk info, only cause its a part of history at this point if its been around as the same grind for 30+ years. Thats some major durability with that kind of history, hell prolly older than some of our viewers.

And 30+ years is unheard of with the technology of today. And that includes the tech that Edelbrock has. If they saw a dead spot on the grind after this many years Im sure they are capable of re-tooling LOL They make so many cams its silly.

Its a good cam. Ok, here is where Ill stray a lil. I dont like to use parts cause they sound good. Cept maybe exhaust and stereos :D Does it sound good? Yes. It has a nice lope if thats what you want. But NEVER, NEVER would I choose a cam for sound. It has to breath with the heads, induction and exhaust. It HAS to perform.

Mine is matched up with the rpm performer heads and edelbrock efi. I cant even say how it will perform with other parts.. JR

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright cool this is my first build I have studied everything over and over before I bought it I saw the edelbrock had the best spec's on the mid range cams and I was reading all the mixed reviews on different forums and most came from people who had never personally used the cam I just wasn't sure if I had made the right choice at picking my cam since I guess from what people say its an old outdated cam

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And as for the transmission I'm getting mine redone with performance clutches and mid range stall converter like what your saying shawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts