Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a new one with lifters for 100
Would go in my 350 with Vortecs with 2.02/1.60 .100" longer with an airgap intake and 670 street avenger 3.73 gears and 2004r soon
Will this work out alright

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Do you have any specs?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
That's an ancient grind; I ran one many years ago in a 391" engine that was a daily driver.
There are far better cams made today, but for $100 it'll work.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
That is the cam i have now,
In mine its ok for street, a little lope to it, very low vacuum, so you may need help if you have power brakes
Not much on low end tourq
If i do it again, Id look for differant cam with more low end

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
found a new one with lifters for 100
Would go in my 350 with Vortecs with 2.02/1.60 .100" longer with an airgap intake and 670 street avenger 3.73 gears and 2004r soon
Will this work out alright
Contact John (camgrinder) and talk to him about doing a cam for your exact needs! He is in shingle springs and is one helluva good guy! You would be much happier and the cost is no higher then most catalog cams
www.drcamshafts.com/aboutme.htm

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
How can you guys tell that its an old grind? Do you just remember the cam # and remember when it was first introduced?
Yup.:yes: Some of us also recognize the cam specs and know actually how long ago it was designed.:D

That cam has come from several different manufacturers over the last 20 some-odd years!!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
How can you guys tell that its an old grind?
I bought mine when Edelbrock first offered it about 18-20 years ago, then I found it was an old Wolverine item even at that time. Had I known at the time, it would have cost half as much without Edelbrock's name!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yup.:yes: Some of us also recognize the cam specs and know actually how long ago it was designed.:D

That cam has come from several different manufacturers over the last 20 some-odd years!!

But do you guys remember where you went on your first date or when your anniversary is? :D I sure as hell don't. I do remember my first cam though. It was for my 230 straight 6 in my 64 chevy pickup. 308 duration/ 512 lift

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
But do you guys remember where you went on your first date or when your anniversary is? :D I sure as hell don't. I do remember my first cam though. It was for my 230 straight 6 in my 64 chevy pickup. 308 duration/ 512 lift
:devil::rotfl::devil:
Yup.....Got me. I'm HORRIBLE with dates....Anniversary, birthdays, Valentines day, etc...... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
its an old grind but a proven one. you can get an easy 400hp with that cam and decent heads and have great street manners(ie:good vacuum for power brakes and good idle) there are better cams out there but if you got this one cheap then use it!:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts