Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Not a 3rd gen expert but that looks like a 73-74 body based on the 1/4 windows and roofline.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I bet it can even spin them never mind lift them!:eek:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow whoever moved that is quick! But yeah, I noticed the 1/4 glass being wider at the top and said "ummhmmm" lol.

Wonder even if that guy has a clue.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
That car should still be titled as a 73 or 74, so either he is mistaken or something illegal has occured.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If you have an ebay account you should report this, or question if the 1/4's have been changed, it is definitely seems to be a 73 or 74 with the front clip and tail section modified!:yes:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Here is the VIN listed in the description, lX27F2L160914.

Can someone decode it as to year?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
We have seen a lot of changes on Novas over the years.

we have had some change the complete quarter glass area on this very site.

There is nothing to "REPORT" IMO

It a custom vehicle, how much custom & quality will be reflected in the selling price.

IMO
AL

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't know it seems pretty odd to me. I see the question and his denial that it's been altered. Given it could have been altered prior to his owning it. If I was going to buy it I would want pics of the vin, and trim tag.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hah, ok, yeah. See when I first saw it, it had zero questions. Now it has 2, lol. Probly from some of you guys haha. NOW he says the guy who he's selling it for? or w/e said it was altered.

My question is, why? Everyone I've ever saw would rather have the other 1/4 glass. You guys? And the trouble... If I'd gone through THAT much trouble to change the back side glass to that one, I think I'd spend the money to make room for improvements on the back end to make up for that dinky wheelie bar.

As the other poster said.. a bar with 225's? lol. :D

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
The VIN decodes to 1:Chevrolet X:Nova 27:2 door sedan F: 307 2bbl V8 2:1972 L:Van Nuys, Ca

He did admit in the Q&A that the windows have been altered.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Maybe the car neded 1/4's and they had a 73/74 sitting around with good 1/4's. There's all kinds of reasons someone might do this. Maybe the builder just likes the bigger 1/4 windows better. We have people here who love their 73/74's, so to each his own. Atleast he didn't cut a big hole in the hood and space that fake blower scoop up thru it:devil:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're definately right there. I LOVE the look of a butterfly scoop sticking 3/4 of the way out of a big cowl hood, but I just dont' think I could bring myself to do it without a reason, IE Tunnel Ram or Blower, ya know :no:

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Maybe the car neded 1/4's and they had a 73/74 sitting around with good 1/4's. There's all kinds of reasons someone might do this. Maybe the builder just likes the bigger 1/4 windows better. We have people here who love their 73/74's, so to each his own. Atleast he didn't cut a big hole in the hood and space that fake blower scoop up thru it:devil:
Another possibility is that the car was rolled at some point and they needed a roof and windows... I had to do that once, but not on a Nova :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
No bids so far anyway... he said its an original 72 chassi, but then said its his friends car (who he's selling it for) and said his friends son altered it... Im curious why if feedback is so important (especially with him having 100%) he would even sale something for a friend, especially since its a questionable car which could leave some negative feedback if something isnt right.
I bet the bottle in the trunk isnt even hooked up, just a "show" type thing.
Even for the all the customized stuff, and the chrome you'd figure he'd spring for bucket seats? I dont know it deff. looks better than my car :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts