Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this listed, with poor grammar, and was wondering if ya'll might think this is too good to be true. I've seen similar kits with higher prices going almost beyond my budget. This kit looks like it has all thats needed minus a mc and prop valve. Just seems to good to be true. Anyone else had good luck buying these kits on ebay before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=1,1&item=4625816259&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:PIC

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i've no experience with them, but i agree... looks Very Good. :D

the guy has pretty good feedback, so i guess it looks ok... :)

my .02 ;)

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FINALLY got all the parts in from the seller. I was a tad dissapointed when most of the parts said, "Made In China". I guess you get what you pay for. The parts look sturdy though. In any case, any part I don't want to keep I believe is replaceable. I'll try to get some good pics during the sway, should be piece of cake, knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
First,The Poor Grammer doesn't Really Matter,You are buying Parts not passing a English Test.
Second,If you want Cheap Parts were do you think they will be Made?
Joe

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe said:
First,The Poor Grammer doesn't Really Matter,You are buying Parts not passing a English Test.
Second,If you want Cheap Parts were do you think they will be Made?
Joe

First of all, poor grammar reflects you as a person. When You do business and deal with the public, it makes you look ignorant. Some people might have a problem doing business with someone who is uneducated or ignorant.

Second, most online businesses or otherwise, usually don't tell you where their parts are made. Maybe it's a common business practice, I wouldn't know.

I asked the seller where the parts were made, I got no answer. I did however read his feedback, and that was enough to convince me to buy these parts, "on a budget".

If these parts fail, I guess I will learn my lesson. If the parts last a long time, I guess I look like the smart one.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Borrelli,
Points well taken.You are correct,some do Judge by Grammer and choose who to do Business with that way.Does not make much since to Me.A person does not need alot of education to sell Parts or work on Cars.

Many Sellers are not going to tell you where the Parts are Made,but a Good Guess is Cheaper Parts are not Made in the U.S.A.You will probally have no trouble with the Parts you bought.
Joe

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just looking in my Classic Industries catalog, and should have spent a couple hundred more to get their set, looks like it was from CPP.

We'll see how it goes. If I need to, replacing the calipers and rotors later on could be a wise decision afterall.

Thanks!

·
Banned
137 Posts
yea man, theres plenty of those kits on ebay. i almost went with one until i found hot rods usa. but man that is a damn good price. i still havent ordered my kit, only found a price and a name to call when i want to order. let me know how it goes

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought my kit from rightstuffdetailing.com. Manual front disc and prop valve included ($525). The only draw back was it was made in china. Everything bolted up with no problems though.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Don't be so quick to knock China. They are not the China from the 1980's.
High quality products are very common. I watched a TV program recently (TLC or Discovery) and was impressed with the state of the art facilities. The quality is as good as the importer specifies. China and Japan control the worlds surplus of metal. The US is now buying back most of its metal from Japan and China.....go figure.

Please inform us of the install....that's a great deal if the quality is there!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts