Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought the disc brake conversion off ebay I was think about buying some but wanted to know anyones experiance with them its like $500 with everything including the booster. Thanks

·
Registered
3,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
This is the setup that i went with. I believe :eek: the price is right any way. I used a new Mc. I havnt put alt of miles on the wagon (maybe 10 a week) but it stops alt better than it did with the old drums. Frankly after the motor swap i didn't have any confidence in the old brakes with the added weight added to the front end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
drnova69:

Check the feedback of the seller. In the last 12 months they have 181 negative feedback ratings. Maybe somebody that purchased that kit was not happy with it. You could contact them thru E-Bay to find out why they gave negative feedback. You may also find buyers who where happy with the product.

Just my 2 cents on this matter.

:ragtop:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for all the replys! I guess im gonna be buying this kit after I sell a few items I have :) to bad I cannt list them for sale here yet :(

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Great deal. Can you reuse the drum brake MC with this? For manual disc brakes? (I have strong legs. :) )

Andy
No, you would need a master cylinder for disc - drum. I like the aluminum Corvette master cylinder with stainless sleeve and proportioning valve with the bracket and two lines.

When I do mine I will be keeping mine manual brakes though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts