Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Anybody can put in their max bid, but it only bids in increments based on lowest current bid and will increase up to your max bid if someone tries to outbid you. More than likely by placing a max bid, you're gonna have someone, usually the newbies, bump it up and the experienced bidders will wait until the last minute to make their bid. At least that's what I've seen with items I've sold and bid on.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I understand the , placing your max, but why does his only show up one time if he placed it on the 19th and 3 other bids came on the
20th.? Should his have showed bidding before the last seconds-after the $81.00 bid if he already had his max in on the 19th?:) .
JR

·
Registered
436 Posts
It should. All the times I placed a max bid it showed up, and if someone else bid but not enough to outbid my max, then their bids show between my low bid and the high bid unless they outbid.

I would say since it's ended, it may just show his high bid since that's the only one that really matters anyways, but I don't recall that ever happening in my auctions.

·
Registered
624 Posts
When he placed his max bid of $107.50 (or more) on the 19th, the previous high bid of $61.00 would have been replaced with a new high bid of $63.50. Every time someone bids after him, but it's less than his max bid, his current bid is changed to the next bidding increment above the new bid, or his max bid if it is lower. Since he only placed one bid, it keeps moving up until he is outbid or the auction ends.

·
3,863 Posts
The bidder only bid once and that is the only bid that will show. It will also only show the amount at which he won the item and not any intermediate bid points. To see the intermediate bid points you would have to watch the auction closely and when someone bids below the winner's maximum they would get an outbid notice and only the amount needed to win the auction would show up in the winners bid, even if he bid higher than that. I used to scratch my head at the bid times and amounts too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts