Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This auction is a relisting. Someone here mentioned these seats in another post. They sold months ago by the same seller. He does not say whey they are relisted. But they have metal backs and the tracks have the slotted holes in the front. I have bid $450 for these as I need the tracks. But I also do not want to pay all this money for the wrong parts. The seats would be OK. It would be nice if the emblems are correct. The seat backs are metal, I see here in the forums that 66 and 67 had metal backs but no reference to 68 being metal. There must be someone on here that can verify if these buckets and tracks are 68 possibly. The seller has listed them as 1968.
Thanks in advance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360485250863?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

·
Registered
871 Posts
ok my gut feeling is they are 66-67 nova bucket seats. The first thing is the metal backs and side skirts. In 68 they went to all plastic. Second is the metal backs don't have the side button that 68 seats have. 69 and up had the button in the middle of the back plastic cover. The third thing is the seat tracks are slotted in the front. I have had three sets of 68 nova bucket seat tracks and none of the sets had slotted front holes. I have seen 66-67 nova seat tracks and they are slotted. The guy says they are for 68 and shows a picture of them in what looks like a nova. But look closely at the pictures they are not sitting on original bucket seat brackets. It looks like they are sitting on some wood pieces???

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot.

I have sent a message to him about the wrong description. I wonder if he knows this information?

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I have sent a message to him about the wrong description. I wonder if he knows this information?
I asked thru eBay:

"Your pictures don't show; is there a locking button on the side of the seats? Thanks

68 didn't have locks on the seat backs they were added in 69, hope that helps"

I'm pretty sure all 68's had locking seats, the 67's did for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
ok my gut feeling is they are 66-67 nova bucket seats. The first thing is the metal backs and side skirts. In 68 they went to all plastic. Second is the metal backs don't have the side button that 68 seats have. 69 and up had the button in the middle of the back plastic cover. The third thing is the seat tracks are slotted in the front. I have had three sets of 68 nova bucket seat tracks and none of the sets had slotted front holes. I have seen 66-67 nova seat tracks and they are slotted. The guy says they are for 68 and shows a picture of them in what looks like a nova. But look closely at the pictures they are not sitting on original bucket seat brackets. It looks like they are sitting on some wood pieces???

Hope this helps.
I agree with everything posted above^^^^ :yes: I had 2 sets of 68 buckets with tracks and none have the slotted hole in front where the track bolts to the floor. 68 seats have plastic trim as stated above as well.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I asked thru eBay:

"Your pictures don't show; is there a locking button on the side of the seats? Thanks

68 didn't have locks on the seat backs they were added in 69, hope that helps"

I'm pretty sure all 68's had locking seats, the 67's did for sure.
All 68 seats have the lock button on the outer side of the back. The guy selling the seats apparently does not know what he has as like so many others on Ebay!! :mad:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He sent me a message

The seller sent me a message stating that they are in fact 68 seats. I told him about my thread here on Steves. I think you are right that he does not know what he has. All I really need are the tracks. I have the seats for the car. But the previous owner either sold them or lost them.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THOSE WILL WORK FOR 2ND GENS TOO, THEY JUS' NEED THE PROPER SEAT COVERS, OR CUSTOM! :yes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
68 Seats

Yes the seats are the same all but the covers. I have my original seats. I do not have the tracks. I did not mind buying all of it for the tracks and sell the seats here. This is Canada boys. Hard to come by that stuff here. All I need is correct tracks for my 68.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts