Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
What someone has something priced for and what it will actually sell for is two different things. I actually saw that auction and saved it on my Ebay page. It wasn't long before he started dropping the price on it and last time I got a notice it was down to 3500 which is still too much. I'm looking for a 66 right now and if they are worth as much as this guy thinks his is worth I probably won't ever own one. My budget is ten grand for a nice roller. If one doesn't show up in my price range I will continue saving and looking until something shows up I'm comfortable paying for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 10k for a roller will happen for you. But this ebay guy is basically selling a title and vin it is silly.

·
Super Moderator
4,027 Posts
Although I'm usually interested in trying to save a rare Nova, that auction is just for parts. Seems like that's how the last few owners saw the car, as all the good stuff is gone and you just have a few parts left: pedals, floor shift column, a few pieces of trim and VIN/cowl tags. Even the floor hump looks like it has been cut. At least the seller didn't advertise it as a rare L79.

I've parted out better, and well, those were mistakes.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
I was going to post this as well.
If there weren’t any 1966 ss novas left then this guy might have a prayer but not at this time. I always try to figure total cost combining man hours and parts when I look at a project like this and I figured it would take $40k or more for me to do it. It’s fun to daydream though: I have both original fenders, doors and both Nos quarters that I could put on it but I wouldn’t have the time this car would require.

Buy the best car you can afford in the beginning with the best body you can find.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
He's a dreamer for sure even looks like it was HIT fro rear.

Why do people think they can rob people
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said. :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts