Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
What was your easiest subframe connectors install brand and why for Chevy nova wagon?
Sorry - I just realized this said "wagon". I'm pretty sure no one makes subframe connectors for a wagon. BUT you can buy the competition engineering ones on summit and extend them very easily with a foot of thick wall square tubing on each side. If it were me - I'd cut them exactly in half and mount them loosely where they need to go, then slip my slightly larger square tubing over the cut ends - sand away the paint as needed, tack weld the joining tube in place, remove the whole thing and get a solid weld around it, do some grinding and painting and bolt it back in place.

Slightly easier than making your own from scratch, but not cheaper.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Wagons have the same wheel base as any other model. Pick a connector and it should fit any model. CBR’s may not work on convertibles though..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wagons have the same wheel base as any other model. Pick a connector and it should fit any model. CBR’s may not work on convertibles though..
Oh really? I remember being told that sedan subframe connectors wouldn't fit a wagon. Well never mind then!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Guys
Why not make your own real easy to make, just a few flat 3/8 plates two on the leaf spring mount and three or four onto the rear and sides of the front frame, and some box section or tube to join them together. took me about one hour per side to weld in.
Cheers Ian 🇬🇧

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys
Why not make your own real easy to make, just a few flat 3/8 plates two on the leaf spring mount and three or four onto the rear and sides of the front frame, and some box section or tube to join them together. took me about one hour per side to weld in.
Cheers Ian 🇬🇧
Can show a pic of your homemade connectors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts