Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty easy questions for you guys, i hope. I was cleaning off the driver side frame rail and there was what looked like a 1 gauge wire going from the frame to the bottom of the floor pan aprox under the driver door. I have a feeling that this isnt really needed as a ground for anything but i wanted to make sure before i trashed it.

Second question, i want to remove the E-Brake cable, any suggestions? Should i just cut through it and pull it off? I noticed that there looked like a metal sleeve around it, any suggestions as to how to get that off easily? I have a 72 with 350/350. Thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I'm not sure if the ground strap is orginal or not. The frames are rubber isolated, so you do need a ground into the body.

The ebrake is easy to remove. No need to cut it. Loosen the adjuster nuts so you can unhook it from the rear cable. Where it slides throught the frame, there is a wire clip. Remove the clip and slide the cable out of the frame. You can now push the inner cable in so you can hook it from the ebrake peddle.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The subframe originally should have a flat copper braided ground, the 1 gauge was probably to replace the original broke one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts