Chevy Nova Forum banner

Do you prefer Eastwood Chassis Black gloss or satin?

• Gloss

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Satin

Votes: 65 91.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which chassis black do you guys like and why? I would think that the gloss would give the car more "POP" in the engine bay rather than the laid back satin.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Gloss will highlight any imperfection, but looks cool when done right. Satin Looks good no mater what.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Satin of Gloss

My two cents, I have no experience with the Eastwood Products. I have used the Por 15 Products and would recommend them. That being said, Satin.

Dave

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
With gloss black if everything isn't sanded and prepped to perfection...it looks like crap. You can do a half-azzed spray can job using semi-gloss and it won't look nearly as tacky. Prep work is key. These pieces were shot with Krylon semi-gloss spray can stuff:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Satin.

Its not so "cheap" looking. High gloss has a certain "rattle can" look. JR

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i've used some rattle can Satin and it looks OK. i don't care for the Semi-Gloss though, it's just a tad too far on the shiny side for my liking. :turn:

for my 4dr project i'm leaning more towards HotRod Flatz Satin on the sub frame mixed with Silver on the front chassis/suspension pieces use the rest on the wheels :yes: body will be one of a number of possibilities, top i'm leaning towards Vanilla and body/interior will be either Cream, Tan or Brown... but then i may go with something all together different :rolleyes:

Dave 1badnov used Flatz on his exterior but i don't know how it's wearing... anyone used the Flatz chassis/body paints? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,845 Posts
Been unhappy with the wear on Krylon, and don't use it any longer. Maybe it has improved.

I had a bunch of old cans of a thing called DemKote, and it was great. Probably had all the bad oil-based things in it I shouldn' use anymore, and I am down to 1 can.

Hate to go as much as $20 a rattle can. What brand do people use for satin or chassis black?

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I used Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black almost 5 years ago and it still looks great. It's holding up well. I just did an engine swap recently and did not need to repaint.

·
Registered
165 Posts
For an original look I like satin because it is easier to clean, but if its not a car that is driven very often I like color matched engine bays!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts