Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had my Flowmasters installed. I noticed when I go over bumps the E brake cable rattles on the exhaust. Whats an inexpensive fix for this? What have you guys done to remedy this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Are you sure it is the ebrake cable? There should be enough tension on it that it doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it is the ebrake cable? There should be enough tension on it that it doesn't rattle.

Yeah its def. hitting. I looked under the car and there is a lot of play on the E brake cable. I will try and snap a pic....

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Yeah its def. hitting. I looked under the car and there is a lot of play on the E brake cable. I will try and snap a pic....
You shouldn't have "a lot of play" in the cable. :no:

It should be tight. Adjust the cable and the rattle will go away - and your e-brake will work properly again. :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You shouldn't have "a lot of play" in the cable. :no:

It should be tight. Adjust the cable and the rattle will go away - and your e-brake will work properly again. :devil:
yes, It will rub the pipe or floor, take your choice. You just need to get the slack out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Under the driver's side floorboard there is a adjustment nut/stud assembly. Tighten the nut, the cable's slack is removed. The factory arrangement uses two nuts - one for adjustment, the other to keep the adjustment nut from backing off.

Set it and forget it! :cool:
Thanks for the help...... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts