Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the engine broke in and did a couple of pulls. I wasn't there for the run. They only took it to 5000 so the HP numbers are low obviously. Brought it home today and got it on the engine stand waiting for me to get time to drop it in. It had long tube headers on the dyno for checking temps and all. It has stock 2.02 heads and the stock aluminum intake and Holley 585 carb. I have the original distributor but put a Pertronix electronic ignition for more accurate spark. The cam is a Comp L79 Nostalgia since my original cam ended up in a Nomad wagon back in the 70's. I will be running Doug's Tri-Y headers with Dynomax 2.5 turbo mufflers. Once the car is back together and some miles on it I may get the nerve and take it in to pull HP at the wheels. I only heard a cameras video on the dyno but the guys there said it had a nice lope at 800 RPM. Maybe by next spring it will be on the road if not sooner.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those look like happy numbers for a 327 with mostly stock pieces. She wasn't done pulling at 5,000RPM, either!

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
512 Posts
Very respectable numbers.

Just curious...Back in the 60's, at what rpm did the original 327 make its 350 hp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts