Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,today i picked up my new 350 crate engine.does anyone know who makes a dual exhaust with 2 mufflers exit at the rear.probably aluminized.i am looking at the set of hooker headers.is the 68-79 exaust the same?any help would be appreciated.if i could figure out how to post a pic i would.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
hello everyone,today i picked up my new 350 crate engine.does anyone know who makes a dual exhaust with 2 mufflers exit at the rear.probably aluminized.i am looking at the set of hooker headers.is the 68-79 exaust the same?any help would be appreciated.if i could figure out how to post a pic i would.
Most exhaust kits lump the 68-79 Nova together. Take a look at Summit, they have a true dual aluminized exhaust kit with mufflers for $158!!!

I'm putting it on my Nova. I had Summit muffs on my El Camino, and it sounded great - not too loud, and way better than my old Flowmasters. :bored:

Exhaust: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM-680101&view=1&N=700+150+4294923429+400304+

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
I purchased a Magna Flo system. Although listed for the 68 - 74 it fits up to 79. It has the X pipe and is stainless steel. All hangers and band clamps were included. The mufflers fit into the recessed area under the rear seat. I got mine from BSM exhaust, Jason is a good guy to deal with.

click here

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used the Summit 3" exhaust for mine. The Summit welded mufflers are a bit loud for my taste, but not as raspy as flowmasters. Their 2 1/2" system is REALLY a nice deal for the price.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This Flowmaster kit from Jegs also fits 4th Gens with nothing more than cutting to fit.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/17129/10002/-1

It's a 2 1/2" system with an H pipe and 40-series Delta Flow mufflers. This system is on both my 76 Nova and 67 Camaro and it sounds great.

It's jegs part number #389-17129.

This question gets asked all the time. Can we get an exhaust sticky?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts