Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good system for my 65. As the title says I want to convert my front drums to disks and go with a 2" drop spindle. I don't want a big disk kit as I will probably be just running a 15 or 16" wheel. I have found a few options but none are a complete kit.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Bruce is correct on the CPP zero offset brakes, although he did hurt my feeling a little by recommending you call Jeff.:( There were some issues initially with the caliper brackets, but that seems to have been resolved for some time now.

There are kits for upgrading to disc brakes that utilizes your stock spindles & also kits with 2" drop spindles.

Walt

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Bruce is correct on the CPP zero offset brakes, although he did hurt my feeling a little by recommending you call Jeff.:( There were some issues initially with the caliper brackets, but that seems to have been resolved for some time now.

There are kits for upgrading to disc brakes that utilizes your stock spindles & also kits with 2" drop spindles.

Walt
Sorry Walt...I forgot you were a cpp dealer....next time buddy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Superior 2" Drop Complete System

I'm not sure exactly how the rules will apply here, I'm a new-bee, but you seem to be looking for exactly what I have sitting on my garage floor.
I am doing an upgrade on my car with a full CBR system and just took off a complete system; Superior 2" Drop spindles, upper and lower control arms, 10.5 GM disc brake conversion, all steering links, rod ends bushing and struts with supports. Everything is in perfect shape with less than 10,000 miles on it.
It is not advertized, and I was originally not going to put it on the market due to the intended use on a future project but if it can go toward a member who is looking to make a low cost upgrade I will negotiate it away.

Please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I installed the right stuff detailing disc conversion on my car. Everything fit good. I also bought the brake line kit from them. The offset is slightly different than stock, but my 17X7 with 4.5 back spacing still fit but they are a tight fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts