Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 62 Chevy II and is going to put CPP 2 inch drop spindle on front.Question is what wheel and tire size will clear. Did not know if he will have to stay with 14 in. or can go to 15.Trying to figure out size before
ordering.
Thanks for you help!

·
6,499 Posts
The tire diameter is usually the main concern. Each car can be slighlt different and the amount of caster affects the clearance at the front lower opening of the fender. 24" or less would be my guess but the only way to find out is to measure for both diameter and width to determine tire size and wheel offset.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Make sure your 62 has the larger opening in the fender. Some 62's had a smaller wheel opening than others. Also, I'm sure you'll need to go to 15" wheels. I believe they also move the wheel out about 1/4" per side, so the offset of the wheel is critical, as well as the width of the wheel. Also, expect the car to drop more than 2" if using stock springs. Mine went down more like 3". For the record, I run 15"x4" american TTII's and a small 145 tire, and they still rub on tight turns, but when I put on 15"x4" steel rally's with a 165 tire, they don't rub at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if he stayed with stock height 5 lug disc set up?
Trying to figure out which would be best way to go. Would stock
cpp spindles lower front any?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
If he went with the stock spindle kit, then it should be fine. again though, if it has the smal fenders, it still may cause a problem. the stock spindle kit keeps the stock track width I believe, so that helps. you might want to verify that though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks for the quick answers. It is nice to be able and ask
questions and get answers from experience. If anybody is ever going to
be in southwest Missouri, let us know.
Thanks,Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts