Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been attempting to line my drivers side door up properly and have had zero luck .The car was hit on the drivers side and the door was damaged . I think it might be beyond repair.Has anyone used a new door skin or know where I might be able to find a new door.

Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
I had damage to one of my 65 doors and the inner shell had rust. I went ahead and ordered a door shell and at the time I could only find one company that was offering them. I ordered thru jegs and the door did get here without damage but when we mocked it up we discovered it was short on the back edge. Our only choice was to break out the welder and build the back of the door up to make the door gap decent. If I could find a good original I would go that route.

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
616 Posts
Some of the repro skins/ shells don't have the slots cut into them for the stainless trim(trim you rest your arm on?) that holds the wiper seal. And they are noticeably thinner sheetmetal than original. I had the bodyshop use the skins and cosmetically they are fine but if I had to do it again I'd prefer to have the thicker originals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts