Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching from 6 cylinder standard shift to 350 automatic does the drive shaft need to be altered when mating it to a (hate to say it) '95 ford explorer rear end? Thx David

·
Registered
373 Posts
Aren't the yokes different between the early manuals and powerglide and turbo 350 also flyer? When I went from powerglide to 700r4 it originally had a 17 spline tailshaft yoke and I think the th-350/400/700 etc... Were either 27 or 31 right? So he may need a new th-350 yoke and corresponding u-joints 1310 I think. And a conversion piece for the rear from 1310 to whatever the Ford is?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the Saginaw/Muncie, Powerglide & th350 take the same yoke. the M22's took a th400 size yoke. from what i understand the 700r4 takes the same as the 'Glide. other than possible driveline length differences, a rear conversion joint will be needed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Flyer, thx a ton for the conversion kit info and photo bucket spec's. You too Geoff, appreciate the input. I'm learning more everyday. Gotta say though, this Chevy II build stuff is highly addictive, eh :) Love-in it like crazy! Of course my better half thinks otherwise. Gotta hit the sack now and dream my next purchase, CB lower control arms.
Catch you later.
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts