Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased drip rail moldings for my 67 hardtop and I am not happy with the quality. The rails didn't fit very well. I was wondering where is the best place to purchase these moldings that have a good quality drip rail. Also, one more question could someone post a picture of the drip rail that fits to the molding above the vent window. I was wondering if the drip rail slid inside the tirm above the vent window or does it slide on the outside of the molding above the vent window. Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it. Roger

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
All of the re-production drip rail molding is the same and none fit like the original did. It's just a little too wide. If you do a search of this site you will find this topic discussed more than once. Some people just glue it on but I tweaked mine and made it fit pretty tight. It looks good on the car but when you buy new parts you shouldn't have to work on them to make them fit. I also ran into this problem with a new grill and filler panel molding as well as the vertical chrome strips that go on the quarter windows. The rubber strip doesn't fit in them tight. To answer your other question, your drip rail molding goes inside the vent window drip molding. I had to work on mine with some needle nose pliers to make it small enough to go in it. The original is made to fit this way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the re-production drip rail molding is the same and none fit like the original did. It's just a little too wide. If you do a search of this site you will find this topic discussed more than once. Some people just glue it on but I tweaked mine and made it fit pretty tight. It looks good on the car but when you buy new parts you shouldn't have to work on them to make them fit. I also ran into this problem with a new grill and filler panel molding as well as the vertical chrome strips that go on the quarter windows. The rubber strip doesn't fit in them tight. To answer your other question, your drip rail molding goes inside the vent window drip molding. I had to work on mine with some needle nose pliers to make it small enough to go in it. The original is made to fit this way.
Thanks for the information tider66. You hit the nail on the head. Before posting, I did try to use the search category. For some reason, I just didn't see all the post. It wasn't till after I posted that I found your posting on the subject. Your post is all that I needed and I don't want to clog the board up with the same ole repeats.

I guess I will try to salvage the drip rail moldings, if not, I will have to purchase another set. Lucky me. Thanks Roger

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There is a guy in Knoxville that I sent my rear glass stainless trim to have it straightened and polished. It's called Williams Buffing Service and the guy's name is Lonnie. He did a real nice job on my stuff and he might be able to fix your original molding. I should have sent my drip rail molding to him instead of buying new. PM me and I'll give you his number and address if you want.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I just put a set on my '63 and am pretty happy with them. They went on a tad loose but I was able to put a bit of a squeeze on them and they fit nice.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well that's basically what I had to do to my 66 moldings. I had to squeeze them tighter so they would fit. I think some other members have had a problem with the 66 pieces and just glued them on. Maybe they will get them right one day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts