Chevy Nova Forum banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I had no idea you could buy pre made channels. I had to make my own with a shrinker and stretcher. Not complaining it was a learning experience that turned out to not be that difficult. Do those channels come with the trim clip studs?
I was planning on making my own as well but then a member here showed me this company and I said shoot I'll give it a shot.
They dont come with the studs on them, but they have 3 different types you can choose from to put on yourself between a screw in stud, a rivet stud and weld on studs. He also sells all the replacement clips and rubber spacers and everything else associated with it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Have hardly got any work in on the nova with the holidays and there was a family tragedy but here's a pic of the little bit of progress. Have the driver side almost all stripped out and pass side is close behind. I measure the new cowl assembly in about 14 different places vs the factory one before doing anything and it all measured surprisingly real close to exact, so I marked off a lot of different alignment Mark's to get the new one in as close to original as possible. I'll finish getting it 100% removed and then clean everything up and patched and primed while it's all apart and I have access to all the nooks and start the windshield channel repairs and keep her going

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Got a lot more work before this goes in but so far I'm pleased.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Got this to the rough in point and fits great, its sitting up higher in spots because I left the old brackets still welded to the dash incase I wanted to use them instead or attach them so the new brackets are hitting the old ones, but they are hitting perfectly lined up so that's cool and also a little back because same reason, but all my alignment Mark's are great so I'm happy to move onto the windshield channel patches now. With it all open like this up front I'm going to take advantage of that and get all the needed work done that's in the surrounding area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great progress man! Looking good. I have to start stripping mine, I have some wheel well and lower quarter panel work to do. I’m having too much fun driving it, I drove it to work today. There’s just about 4200 miles on the odometer. Still haven’t picked a definite color yet. I went to barret jackson last week hoping to see some Novas and get some ideas, there were only a couple 3rd gens and only 1 modified. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Great progress man! Looking good. I have to start stripping mine, I have some wheel well and lower quarter panel work to do. I’m having too much fun driving it, I drove it to work today. There’s just about 4200 miles on the odometer. Still haven’t picked a definite color yet. I went to barret jackson last week hoping to see some Novas and get some ideas, there were only a couple 3rd gens and only 1 modified. Keep up the good work!

Thanks brotha! I appreciate it. I would also have a very hard time with putting the nova down in your shoes lol way to fun I'm sure. I have so much work to do on mine, I won't be able to experience the driving it fun for a loooooooong time but when that day comes I will be so happy I'll probably end up sleeping in it lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks brotha! I appreciate it. I would also have a very hard time with putting the nova down in your shoes lol way to fun I'm sure. I have so much work to do on mine, I won't be able to experience the driving it fun for a loooooooong time but when that day comes I will be so happy I'll probably end up sleeping in it lol

I hear ya. I never thought I’d get it to this point. If money and time was endless it would be a lot easier. I need to get it up on stands and get the body straight and pretty soon
Keep up the fight!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Little bit of progress working on the windshield channels. That A pillar piece is just sitting on there to show my brother something I'm not actually cutting that whole piece out lol only need to do a couple small patches, biggest one being In that top corner that i do have cut out. I'm thinking now that I've ordered my primers and seeing the inside of the roof brace that I am going to pay a mobile media blaster to come do the whole interior, I dont want to take any chances with doing everything I'm doing and finding out down the road the hard way that I missed some rust.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Really excited, today's my birthday so I gifted myself with ordering my wheels for the nova. Modular 2 piece forged 6061 that are one of a kind, added a lot of extras including knurled bead seats on all 4 wheels. Now I just have to anxiously wait for about 7 weeks for them to be built, tested, verified and shipped

·
Registered
210 Posts
Happy Birthday Buddy! Can’t wait to see those wheels!! I can’t wait to upgrade the wheels with some forged bad boys! Looking good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Happy Birthday Buddy! Can’t wait to see those wheels!! I can’t wait to upgrade the wheels with some forged bad boys! Looking good.

Thanks brotha!! I'm pumped about em and as you already know your car has been another inspiration for me, I appreciate ya man

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think we all inspire each other. It’s what makes all this so cool. Seeing all your metal work is inspiring me to get going on the bodywork. You’re doing a great job.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
I think we all inspire each other. It’s what makes all this so cool. Seeing all your metal work is inspiring me to get going on the bodywork. You’re doing a great job.

Thank you man that is much appreciated

121 - 140 of 182 Posts