Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
literally my favorite car since I was like 10. just purchased a 1973 nova 2 dr coupe and started the tear down. going to do a street/strip build but a full tear down restore as well. goal is a bad street/strip car that looks like a show car :D
heres a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm planning on keeping a lot of the original look, I love how they look as is big bumpers and all

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
You have to love those deep dish Cragars especially on the front! Looks like you found yourself a solid project to start with.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! I spent about 5 months looking at everyone that came up for sale even making a 5 hour drive one way only to find the bodies badly cancered. Then I found this 2 owner that's been stored forever, came with original dealer paperwork and warranty paperwork and all kinds of other fun stuff.
The passenger side rear quarter will have to be replaced due to rats I'm guessing which I have a golden star reproduction to cut out what I need. Rats ate the seats up pretty good and there is cancer right around the tail lights on the panel which I also have the reproduction panel for that (though I'm admittedly scared to remove that panel .) Otherwise a very solid car, from what I've found so far Anyways

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
welcome to the nova site. an with a good looking nova to start your rebuild. thats one big garage to do all the work in, just need a lift an your all set.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you can see the rust bubbling the paint on the taillight panel, and a solid (and dirty) bay/firewall. So far everything I've taken out I've been very happy with finding it all to be very solid, other than the few spots mentioned. My first project car, it will be a huge learning process for alot of it but I'm determined to make her beautiful

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, just finished building the shop. 36x48 and I have a bend pack 2 post all set up and ready to go this is when I had not moved anything into it but just finished installing the lift with epoxy and threaded rods. Had the electrician wire it lol

·
Registered
846 Posts
wow nice car ...awesome find.

Awsome shop! I think you put the lift where you can easily get an axle out if need be.

I see a heater hanging and about R-20 if insulation....where in the north are you?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow nice car ...awesome find.

Awsome shop! I think you put the lift where you can easily get an axle out if need be.

I see a heater hanging and about R-20 if insulation....where in the north are you?
Thank you! I live in clackamas Oregon. Weather doesn't get to cold here but cold enough for me and my car lol. I work for my family and we own a building materials and insulation company so I had everything needed . I did R-19 horizontally with R-11 vertically over the top of the 19. Spray foamed the ceiling then FSK over it all.
I really tried to think of the best place for the lift, even when building the shop and planning it out and where it's at is out of the way and I have lots of working room around it (as long as I dont clutter parts .)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the site! It looks like you have a solid 73 Nova to start with and there are a lot of aftermarket parts available to meet your street/strip goals. A little research can save both time and money while planning future projects.

Feel free to post any questions and please keep us posted on your progress.
P.S. You also have an awesome garage to work in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
ya i just knew you had to have a lift in that building. all that insulation an you'll be able to heat it with a candle. an the double trusses there isn't that much snow in clackamas Oregon is there ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys I really appreciate it.
No we don't get to much snow but building regulations are pretty stiff and they were required per code. I also had to change it from a 40x50 to the 36x48 because the county wouldn't permit the 40x50, and I had to move it over like 5 feet because they didn't like where I wanted to put it lol but it turned out great! My wife got to design and pick out every single thing for the house and I got to do my shop, that was the deal . Of course her house budget jumped Into my shop budget so that's why it isn't framed for drywall. Eventually I will run 2x4 across the lower portion of the walls and hang plywood but that's for another day

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! It looks like you died and went to heaven! Nice shop, and good luck with your Nova.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts