Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
from Los Angeles i have directions to one... LACR. take the 405 north to the 5 north to the 14 north... off at Angeles Crest Hwy/Pearblossom Hwy exit and follow the road to the track, approx. 5 miles... LACR is 1/4...

there's also Fontana and Irwindale... i don't have directions to those...
i think Fontana and Irwindale are 1/8... someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

hope i helped.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Flyer said:
from Los Angeles i have directions to one... LACR. take the 405 north to the 5 north to the 14 north... off at Angeles Crest Hwy/Pearblossom Hwy exit and follow the road to the track, approx. 5 miles... LACR is 1/4...

there's also Fontana and Irwindale... i don't have directions to those...
i think Fontana and Irwindale are 1/8... someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

hope i helped.
hey thanks! So theres 3 dragstrips around heh? il have to go check them out.
im going to look for them on the web. I will write this stuff down. There are 3 people that want to race me but i refuse to do it on the streets....don't want it taken away.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Fontana is 1/4 mi., but is under construction right now.
Irwindale is 1/8 mi.--I'll be there Thursday
LACR (Palmdale) is quite a bit further from L.A., and the altitude is WAY higher, and there's the dust, wind, extreme temperature swings..........I used to race there a lot, but I'm too old to put up with that stuff!
Besides, I'm the semi-almost official like kinda sorta regular photographer at Irwindale now.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I know they used to pay him good money til he had to change the motor in his Nova....... Mike, when you going to get the old one back in?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
How much they pay you?
I guess about what I'm worth to them---NUTTIN!
Free admission to all events and my tech card to race each week.

when you going to get the old one back in?
I'm still trying to decide what block to run-all the pistons on the drivers side hit the head pretty good, and I think it's just the pistons rocking in the sloppy bores, so I need a block. I should have bought the aftermarket one when I could get it for $800--more than double now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts