Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else planning on going? Check it out at
http://www.randkdragfest.com
I'll be running D/G. Like I didn't already have a whole bunch of stuff to do to get ready, I decided to put on a Weiand scoop. That was a trick since the mounting bracket didn't fit my 1050 dominator...so we had to fab it to fit. Here's what my car looked like with the old hood:

Here's a shot with the scoop on. I'll be putting on a 2" cowl hood that I had laying around. And, tonight were cutting the opening. I'll post some more pics tomorrow night.

Tuesday, April 21 and the hood is cut...just need to box in the opening and paint it flat black. Should be done in time for Dragfest.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
We'll be there with the Dart--my engine is in now, but it'll just have a 750 vac. sec. carb and a tight converter to slow things down. I think Dale might be concerned about high speed handling with a 40 year old Dodge van front axle with drum brakes!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
they say pre '64 door slammers on the site. does this exclude our novas?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they say pre '64 door slammers on the site. does this exclude our novas?
The classes include all 72 and older with the exception of nostalgia gasser and traditional hot rod which are both 65 and older here's their class designations:
http://www.randkdragfest.com/classes.html
I think eventually they want to limit all classes to pre '65, but not this year.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll be there with the Dart--my engine is in now, but it'll just have a 750 vac. sec. carb and a tight converter to slow things down. I think Dale might be concerned about high speed handling with a 40 year old Dodge van front axle with drum brakes!
Looking forward to finally meeting you. See you there!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Vince, I'll be there to run C/gas Fri-Sun.

No problem! Dial some more caster into it! Dale doesn't need to worry about brakes, with the long shutdown there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts