Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Tech Thursday night?

I'm pretty sure they have tech on thursday until 8pm. I'll probably be there at around 6 for tech, leave my car and trailer and show up early Friday morn for the event. Looking forward to it...After a valve adjustment, oil change, and a thorough inspection, the new hood and scoop go on and she'll be ready for D/G. My first time with a pro tree was at the Spring Nationals a few weeks ago...and my times sucked. The car performed great, but I lost at the line...need to run my own race and not worry about the other guy. Looking forward to seeing other SNS members there.:yes:
(before paint)

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
update

Just talked with a track rep at Famoso, since they have no info on their site and the dragfest site hasn't been accessible for 2 days.
They are doing tech today until 6pm
Tomorrow, Friiday, is a t&t day for those racing sat and sun
Qualifying on Saturday and Eliminations on Sunday
See ya there!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
There were a few Steves Nova Site members at Dragfest, but none of the SNS cars made it to the finals. Bill went a little too fast, Vince had some strange stumbling issue, and Dale's Dart made it to the semi-finals, where he redlit when the car pushed thru the beams. But, it was still a great weekend, even with all the troubles we had with the Dart still rejecting the Chevy heart transplant!

Somehow I never caught Vince on the track:

Hey,that's not a Nova!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
how did bill and dale's cars run? did bill finally get into the 8's?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like Mikie said, the 410 gave us fits most all weekend. All I can say is, never, EVER, run a certain ,cheapo oil filter that is mostly orange colored on your car!!! Then, also bring an extra set of spark plugs, so you don't have to fish an old set you think will work out of your race neighbors trash bag, 'cause yours fouled while making pretty pictures for the cameras!!!!:yes::yes::eek::eek::confused::(:mad::D

Telling you, it was a roller coaster weekend, but it sure was alot of FUN!!

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Like Mikie said, the 410 gave us fits most all weekend. All I can say is, never, EVER, run a certain ,cheapo oil filter that is mostly orange colored on your car!!! Then, also bring an extra set of spark plugs, so you don't have to fish an old set you think will work out of your race neighbors trash bag, 'cause yours fouled while making pretty pictures for the cameras!!!!:yes::yes::eek::eek::confused::(:mad::D

Telling you, it was a roller coaster weekend, but it sure was alot of FUN!!
I told you about those filters a LONG time ago!:mad:

But I blame Mike because he is ultimately responsible for the 410...:yes::devil:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
But I blame Mike because he is ultimately responsible for the 410
The only reason I put that crappy filter on was for clearance--I run the big K & N in my car, but the Dart needs a shorty--The AC-454 (sounds like a big block part!) he has now is even shorter than the orange junk, so we won't have to use them anymore.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
It definately was a fun weekend.
I ended up qualifying #3 with a 9.61. First round I retired Mike, of Mike's Transmissions, with a .043 light to his .122, (.400 tree) and forced him to break out at 6.52. I don't think he was too pleased about losing to a clutch car.
Second round I broke out also.
Overall, it was a fun event, and I will try to make the next one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts