Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, a little late to the game here... already on my second Nova now... first one was a 63 post car, put in a mustang 2 front end, rack and pinion, wildwood brakes. It started with a 383 stroker, stick shift, best 1/4 mile time was a 12.01. blew up that motor last year during the second trip out to the track. spent all summer doing my first LS swap. found a 4.8, threw on a 78mm turbo, learned HPtuners (sorta) and blew up the 4l60e soon after that. Thought about tubbing her and cage and what not, but decided the Nova gods would frown on me for chopping her up. So I started looking around and found a 64 hardtop already tubbed with a cage and 4link, but needed lots and lots of work. no front end, no glass, no door hardware, no electrical, no nothing up front. So I'm knee deep in swapping things over. The front end is on now, wilwoods all around. Almost ready to install the 6.0LS motor with forged internals, LS3 heads, LS9 cam bolted to a built TH400 into a dana60. 5.13 gears 33x16x15 slicks. Going twin 78mm turbos now. All Holley fuel system. dominator EFI, bosch 210lb injectors, Holley HI-ram running E85. and I think I can get her together in 2 weeks. HAHA So anyways, hello everyone, I'm happy to be here.... hopefully I can contribute as much as I bug ya'll.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice build.

The 5.13 gear is a bit too steep for boost, probably a 3.25 or 3.55 would work best. With boost....one doesn't need the gear multiplication!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Good luck with your project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts