Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want some opinions! I want a fast and i mean really fast street/strip car but mostly strip. Here is what ive bought so far! 4.10 gears, Eaton posi, Toms differentails KA Axles (I live buy his Store awsome guy great parts) And his TA gurdle diff cover. My 350 dynoed at 422hp 6200rpm im looking for mid 12's

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm not exactly clear as to what you want opinions on, but the parts you have purchased will be great for what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I want a fast and i mean really fast street/strip car but mostly strip
Ummm, you can buy a stock car today that will run mid 12's--that's not a "really fast street/strip" car--my junk runs mid 10's and I can drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Saw one of the new challengers at the track Sunday. My wife said it ran a 12.63

To be fair, mid 12's is still a pretty fast street car, especially if it's a daily driver. It is humbling though to see what these new cars can do.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K it looks like im going to have to up the HP! Lol I work at a racing engine shop here so i guess its time to cage the car and go for 10's we have a 434 short block and a older set of afr 210 heads laying around. That and some juce should get me there!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
we have a 434 short block and a older set of afr 210 heads laying around. That and some juce should get me there!
My heads are ancient 210's on a 410" pump gas piece; I never ran the bottle on this one, but my old combo that was slower ran 9's with a 200 shot.
A 434" shouldn't need any help to run 10's.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats awsome i think im going to wait till next year for the big engine as i have alot of stuff to do to make it legal to go that fast. But i now have the 4.11's,eaton posi,toms axles,gurdled diff cover,sub frame connectors and the cal tracs on and WOW :eek: What a difference! I just love the gears and i did 70miles of highway on them and i dident think the rpm was to bad. But i dont think ill be takeing to many road trips till i get a overdrive of somekind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts