Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well boys and girls,we're finally slow enough at work that we can spend some quality time on the 63 wagon build.
the rear tubs are welded and rails are almost done.for those just joining our regularly scheduled program,my build is different in the sense that i want a car that looks like a "factory tubbed car".you know..."what if G.M. build a hi-perf wagon " type stuff.
we're also thinking "outta the box" in the way that we wanted to suspend the car for easier working,access,prepping and final painting.
now for the debut of the "new mousetrap" i referred to.

HERE'S THE NEW IDEA TED AND I CAME UP WITH FOR A ROTISSIERE.

imagine a STABLE way to hold your car in 8 different positions !!!

we're pretty proud of it and so far it seems better than planned.we will add castors that will remove and re-install quickly and can adapt to any of the eight sides for easy moving.2 big guys can handle the rolling of the body and a great deal of time and figuring went into determining the balance.it will work on all 62 to 67 cars too!!:yes:
neither ted or me was too thrilled with the stability or funcionality or the regular "2 modified engine-stand" rotisserie and really thought this could work.it has exceeded our expectations so far.:D
whadya think ?:eek::)
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That,s pretty cool imo..........that looks like that should work pretty good and be really easy to handle to......great job guys :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!
wait till we get to the floor pan and tunnel for the T56.that's when the new rig will really show it's versatility.sore backs and welding burns hurt!!:mad:
this should alleviate most of both of those problems:yes:.
leftcoast carl.

·
13,992 Posts
Very creative, Carl. Nice job. Don't know about a better mouse trap, but that sure as heck looks like a better rotisserie.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very creative, Carl. Nice job. Don't know about a better mouse trap, but that sure as heck looks like a better rotisserie.

Bob
yeah.....so far we haven't caught any mice(man.... i don't think i'd wanna catch a mouse that big:eek:!!),but the feedback has been positive and it definately works better than the other types i've used before.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
265 Posts
yeah.....so far we haven't caught any mice(man.... i don't think i'd wanna catch a mouse that big:eek:!!),but the feedback has been positive and it definately works better than the other types i've used before.
leftcoast carl.
You can make those and sell them as a bolt together kit and be rich. I'd sure you can make them and sell/ship them for alot less than a rotissiere.

I'll be glad to take one as a demo in Kentucky. lol

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
That is SLICK!

Just be careful not to tip it over!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Thats thinking outside the box!

Simple and effective!

Good job

Al

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guy!!!

i don't see myself marketing this rudimentary device,but i thought i'd share the the info with any nova buds that might want to try something that actually works.i have no idea what a more conventional rotisserie sells for,but this thing would be a pain to ship any distance.
it wasn't as inexpensive as i'd hoped in the beginning,but i'm very pleased that the very first one we made worked the FIRST time we tried it.i'll keep you posted on how versatile it is as we make progress on the build.:turn:
leftcoast carl

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awesome idea with the rotisserie. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this project!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
help!!

can someone please help me link my new thread to this one? it's in the body section and is called "carl's rotisserie design-update....."
THANKS!
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
good job on the Octo-tisserie Carl. Look forward to seeing more progress on the wagon.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I like it. And really, two guys can flip it??? Is it just a matter of tipping her over, balancing on the tip then hang on while she comes down. Any issues when it comes down off the point and the legs sliding out? So do you drag it over to the far side of the garage then do the flip. Man, Id love to see the hair raising vid of the rotation. Cause you really dont want it landing hard. But the angle isnt severe, not like a square, so the "drop" isnt far. Hey!!! Make it a full circle LOL Roll it around.. I love the idea!! Oh, and the car is looking good too.... JR

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like it. And really, two guys can flip it??? Is it just a matter of tipping her over, balancing on the tip then hang on while she comes down. Any issues when it comes down off the point and the legs sliding out? So do you drag it over to the far side of the garage then do the flip. Man, Id love to see the hair raising vid of the rotation. Cause you really dont want it landing hard. But the angle isnt severe, not like a square, so the "drop" isnt far. Hey!!! Make it a full circle LOL Roll it around.. I love the idea!! Oh, and the car is looking good too.... JR
i'll try to capture the action with a few more still photos if you want,but i don't have a video camera.heck i'm just trying to make my car easier to work on,not shoot an action flick........:D
leftcoast carl

·
Registered
788 Posts
This could be the first

Nova Documentary. I can see it now shot in full Hi Definition!:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts