Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as weird novas go this one wack.buddy bought this for me in jamaica cause he knows im a nova freak and it was being junked.cost 2000 to ship it here (fla.).appears to be made in mexico for export to australia.came with a bunch of australian paper work and it is right hand drive.all the stickers and markings are spanish.the owner came from australia and had other right hand drive cars. appears to be a 76 but has a 77 rally grille.grille badge says malibu rallye.appears to have a bbc with a saginaw stick.right hand drive stuff looks original fork is on right side of bellhousing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is some verbiage from the post:

"I really felt inspired by Greg Semeraro's posting of the 1962-74 Chevrolet Nova chart that I am now compelled to post my Chevrolet Nova Two & Four Door Family Tree. Please note that after the Chevrolet Nova was discontinued after 1979, the Chevrolet Citation>Corsica/Beretta>and various iterations and generations of the FWD Malibu which actually were the ultimate "Spiritual Successors" to the Nova. The Toyota Corolla based NUMMI Chevrolet Nova was also included here on the Four Door Family Tree only because by the virtues of inheriting the Nova's name even though plenty of Nova purists may consider this both sacrilegious and an anathema. So to put it in another way this Nova would be more like an "adopted" family member even though it was still an outsider. True that the Nova name in terms of the traditional RWD X-Body lore did not survive after 1979 and only to be replaced by many different names and Chevrolet models not carrying on the Nova name but yet it still occupied that niche and therefore legacy. The 4th Generation Nova though continued on abroad in Iran by GM Iran/Pars Khodro through 1992 its last year. Also the Malibu name does not necessarily meant that its synonymous and a continuation of the Chevelle Malibu nor the RWD Downsized for 1978-83 Malibu because there were two instances abroad that our 3rd Generation 1968-72 Novas were renamed Chevrolet Chevy Malibu for the Four Door Sedan model in Argentina and our 4th Generation 1976 Nova SS/1977-78 Nova Rallye were called Malibu Rallye in Mexico."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts