Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I am excited about the car again! I got busy yesterday afternoon and early this morning, with a little help, and got the car down to the subframe from the firewall out. The heater blower motor is in the new housing, the wiring harness is off the front end, and we are moving forward. Going to support the body and remove the front subframe, sandblast everything, put all new tie rods, ball joints, idler arm, etc in the front suspension. Have new polygraphite bushings to put in the control arms. Everything will get cleaned and painted, two new inner fenders, new battery tray. Will have easy access to setting motor in with no front end in the way, will be able to wire neatly. Man it feels good to be working on the old girl again.

Tiny

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey fellas,

I am excited about the car again! I got busy yesterday afternoon and early this morning, with a little help, and got the car down to the subframe from the firewall out. The heater blower motor is in the new housing, the wiring harness is off the front end, and we are moving forward. Going to support the body and remove the front subframe, sandblast everything, put all new tie rods, ball joints, idler arm, etc in the front suspension. Have new polygraphite bushings to put in the control arms. Everything will get cleaned and painted, two new inner fenders, new battery tray. Will have easy access to setting motor in with no front end in the way, will be able to wire neatly. Man it feels good to be working on the old girl again.

Tiny
That's exactly what I'm the process of doing. I'm going to be pulling my subframe this weekend and then getting everything sandblasted next week, then painting it all next weekend since I got my paint from Eastwood :D! Post up pics when you start on her. I'm going to start takin some pics as I go as well.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Im in the same boat. I want to smooth my firewall so hopefully I should be welding this weekend.

I bought some paint stripper and worked on the firewall for maybe 15 minutes. Im not done yet but I still have plenty of stripper. Its cool watching the old paint melt off and can you believe this was only one coat of stripper.

Getting there. Not sure what 53 on the cowl means.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts