Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new VIN tag for my door, you know the blue sticker. My original one was still in perfect condition (and I WAS going to save it) until I got a right angle grinder with a Rol-Lok bristle disc in my hands, one second of not paying attention to where I was on the door jamb in relation to the tag and ... poor sticker didn't stand a chance, I nearly threw up in my mouth when I realized what I had done.

What I need to know is, although the new tag isn't a spot-on, dead-on match to the original (but close enough not to worry about), does anyone know where I can go to (or send the tag to) to have the manufacture date and VIN number put on this tag and have the font style and type matched up as closely as possible to the factory/original font? I know I can just use a typewriter but I'd like to at least get the font type/style right if possible.

·
Registered
921 Posts
According to the guy I got mine from,

Use a typewriter or laser printer. Let the print dry 24 hours before touching.
The font is #11 and is Times Roman.

Hope this helps. I'm going to see if I can do this in WORD and I'll email it to you if I'm successful.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Mylar Door Decal

PM me your email address and I'll send the WORD file.
Here's what you have to do to get it to work.

1. Font is: New Times Roman and the size is 11.
2. Click the VIEW tab, click ZOOM, change the PERCENT to 90, Click OK.
3. The white page will now be the correct size for 8.5 x 11 paper. Your only
using the top part. The file is already set at 90%.
4. Carefully change the lettering to match your information and print it out on paper. Try not to change the positions of the lettering.

Now for the tricky part...

5. While holding the mylar decal behind the white paper hold both up to a bright light and align the decal to the typing.
6. Once you have it aligned, mark the paper to the very outside borders.
7. Move the mylay decal to the front and align to your marks and tape the edges to the paper.
8. Hold the paper and decal back up to the light an see if everything is
correctly centered.
9. Then Print

NOTE: You may want to tape the decal to the backing paper so it doesn't peel off you you print it. Use a small amount of tape.

I have not tried this yet! I've only completed this up to step #8.

Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts