Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(for my 67 wagon)

I need some door speaker ideas??

I want to have a 4 channel amp powering some door speakers, but can only come up with the "cheesy" typical cutting holes in the door panels look...
:/

I'll already have the center dash, 2 tweeters and mids in a console under the dash and some shallow subs in the cargo area, but I think it needs "more" for the rear passengers...

Ideas?!

Thanks
Brent

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ditch the speakers in the console and center vent. If you're OK with losing the vents in the kick panels, put your front speakers there. This location will be result in the speakers having path lengths that are close to the same from the speaker to your ears. This will provide better time alignment (so the soundwaves from each speaker reach your ears at approximately the same time) and stereo imaging than placing them in the console will. Placing them in the lower corner of the front door would be better than the console, as well. A couple in the rear side panels behind the rear seat might help for some rear fill, but speakers in front of the rear passengers and behind the front passengers won't be necessary and not really advised.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts