Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just ordered some U jamb lock pillar seals For my 1965 Nova but I’m not sure how they go on. Anyone have a picture Of their door jambs with the seals installed? I’m attaching a picture of where they go.

Thanks! Gil
09CB5A26-F440-4AA4-B9E8-ECC3B03FFD4F.jpeg

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd have to go look but I believe you roll the quarter glass down and install them from the rear. There should be a groove on them to tell you which way they go. The U Seal is very rigid and the screws will hold it on with no problems.

·
13,707 Posts
Agree with posters above. U jamb seals go in from the back. You frequently see them incorrectly screwed in from the front. Just a note for '62 and '63 convertible owners...….convertibles have a very different seal from hardtops. The hardtop seals will not work. Convertible seals are not always easy to find. I got mine many years ago from NNN (National Nostalgic Nova).

Bob

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Can these be put on before installing the window glass or should the glass be installed first?

·
13,707 Posts
Can these be put on before installing the window glass or should the glass be installed first?
I don't think it really matters. Lots of them are replaced with glass in. It's really simple. The only snafu I found on my convertible was on the left side where the old U jamb had rotted away entirely. The window required adjustment to center it in the new U jamb slot.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Great, I'll go ahead and install mine then. Hey Gil.....I don't remember there being any type of sealer or glue on
mine when I took them off. That was back in 2012.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will get around to it soon. Just been tinkering. Thanks for the reminder!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts