Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 64 nova is in need of a new interior. Where is the best place or brand to purchase? I’m going to need carpet, seat upholstery, headliner, seat belts, and dash pad. I’d like to replace it with as close to original as possible. I have attached pics of the current door panels and seat covers.

Thanks
Trey

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
Most of the reproduction interior comes from a small group of manufacturers such as PUI. So which vendor you get it from is more on preference or cost, they will all pretty much be selling the same product. Shipping can be astronomical from some vendors, so distance from you is something to keep in mind as well.

* Door Panels - I think PUI is the only manufacturer of them for your car. Nice pieces.

* Carpet - a handful of different manufacturers, none of them are exactly like the original. Different materials are used these days and they tend to fade over time. ACC is a popular brand.

* Seat Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon is probably the only place that is going to have that cloth or something real close. It can get pricey. Very little cloth upholstery is reproduced for Novas.

* Headliner - I have been purchasing my headliners on eBay as of late from a seller in Arizona. Cannot remember the name (USA headliner?). PUI has gotten way too expensive IMO.

* Seat Belts - If you want original have yours restored. There is also a guy on eBay that sells restored belts. Expect to pay $400 - $600 for a set. Most of the Nova vendors sell repop ones of varying styles and quality.

* Dash Pad - The repop dashes are OK. Just Dashes can redo yours but it is a fortune. I have gotten lucky and never had to run a repop, found good cores and repainted them.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I changed interior colors when I did my car so everything had to be replaced. I did pretty much as described above. I used the PUI door panels, Acc carpet and a OER dash pad. II ordered my headliner from Classic Industries and got the sun visors with it. I got a guy to do my seat because I didn't want the factory style seat covers. I just bought repop seat belts and found some that didn't cost a fortune. I didn't get real wild with my interior but it turned out fairly nice. I also ordered a set of the ACC floor mats but they have already started showing signs of wear and my car only has 2,000 miles on it. I was a little disappointed with the floor mats.

·
Registered
1965 Nova 2 Door Hardtop
123 Posts
Try Original Auto Interiors out of Columbus MI for your seat material. Phone number 586-727-2486. I bought my material for my 65 Nova and it is original material.

·
14,138 Posts
Try Original Auto Interiors out of Columbus MI for your seat material. Phone number 586-727-2486. I bought my material for my 65 Nova and it is original material.
Original Interiors website indicates they have been taken over by the above mentioned SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does sms just sell the fabrics, or can they produce the complete seat cover? Their website is not very clear as to what they provide. I wonder how their quality is?

Thanks
Trey

Original Interiors website indicates they have been taken over by the above mentioned SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon.

Bob

·
14,138 Posts
Does sms just sell the fabrics, or can they produce the complete seat cover? Their website is not very clear as to what they provide. I wonder how their quality is?

Thanks
Trey
They will sell you the fabric or make the interior. Bogie, who is a member here at SNS, had them do a complete black interior for his '66 2 door sedan. It was exactly as the factory would have produced had there been a black interior for '66 sedans in 1966. I have also seen some rare Acadian interiors they've done which were exceptional. Be aware that SMS is not inexpensive and wait times can be long.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts