Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently reproduction door panels are only available unassembled. The top rail from the old panel needs to be installed on the new one. It is not difficult and I will outline how I did mine. Not saying this is the only way but it worked for me.

Install all the push in clips on the panel and align it to the door frame. The clips may need to be installed up or down to get the panel aligned with the door and all of the clips in the holes. Check how they were oriented on the original panel. Slip the top rail in place on the door and install the panel. Once you have it where it looks good mark the holes for the 4 lower screws and install the screws. This will hold the panel in the correct position to mark the top rail alignment.

Mark the panel along the top rail

Remove the panel and top rail so they can be assembled
Lay the top rail on the panel along the line marked and drill a few holes in the panel board. Using back up washers use rivets to attach the rail to the panel.

Using contact spray adhesive spray both the padding and the rail and pull the padding over the rail securing it with clips.

Next do the same with the vinyl

The interior window fuzzy will be installed next (sorry no photo of that) and the panel is ready to install on the door.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Are the holes for the 4 screws at the bottom already there on the replacement panels?
i want to get new front panels on my 69 but I would like to make plugs on the rear and drill out the screw holes in the door metal so the screws don't show.
Not original, I know, but I wonder if it's even possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Top rails

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but has anybody had any luck finding aftermarket door top rails for a 75 nova coupe?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for posting this thread/tutorial it helped me out immensely.
I am super broke at this time so have to make do with what I have, I made my own panels, not flashy but they work ; )

I do have the back clips on them but I like the look of the panel screws.

https://ibb.co/c2XuEk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts