Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still sorting the ‘69 “nut and bolt restoration” I bought a year ago.
For some reason they neglected to attach the door lock cylinders to the latches. Locks work great - from the inside, just no way to unlock with a key. Anyone have a schematic of that assembly?
Or better yet the parts needed to connect the lock to the latch?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

·
Vendor
2,486 Posts
The Fisher Body Manual will have diagrams of the door guts. Sounds like you may be missing the lock pawls and the little clips that retain them:

Reactions: Bob's 65 Post

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Fisher Body Manual will have diagrams of the door guts. Sounds like you may be missing the lock pawls and the little clips that retain them:
I am missing the pawls, clips and apparently “lock extensions” - From blurry Fisher Body manual.
Font Parallel Paper product Paper Document

OER could be a source but a search yields...no match for search terms.
At least now I have descriptive terms I can use.
Thanks for the ideas...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SouthBay2s, is this you, Adam?
You gave me a source for the headliner retainer strips a couple months ago - he had them, I got them, everything is fixed up there. I am remiss for not calling you with m gratitude. You’re a life saver.

·
Vendor
2,486 Posts
SouthBay2s, is this you, Adam?
You gave me a source for the headliner retainer strips a couple months ago - he had them, I got them, everything is fixed up there. I am remiss for not calling you with m gratitude. You’re a life saver.
Yes sir. Glad to hear you found those. Hard to find part these days.

The search function on the OER website is "lacking". I only currently sell the earlier ones, otherwise I would get you taken care of here. Not sure what the lock extensions are, but here are the pawls and clips:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir. Glad to hear you found those. Hard to find part these days.

The search function on the OER website is "lacking". I only currently sell the earlier ones, otherwise I would get you taken care of here. Not sure what the lock extensions are, but here are the pawls and clips:

I’ve said it before, you are my hero. I have a call in to Wayne - thanks to your reminder - hoping he has the pieces. The extension is in the cutaway drawing and seems to just be a short rod connecting the pawl to the latch.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts