Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the door locks for a 74 nova. My car came somwhat disassembled. Just trying to figure out what the part I'm missing looks like. I believe it's just the door lock prawl. Also not sure where to buy one. Anything will help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
not sure what your asking, do you need the latch in the door,or linkage diagram? the latch in the door has no replaceable parts, the part on the door piller is the striker, there is a linkage going up for the lock button,via a bell crank link mounted in 2 plastic clips, a link going to the door handle and a link going to the key lock. name your poison, we'll try to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
7,177 Posts
For detailed information, your best bet is a Fisher body service manual, which will have diagrams of your door lock configuration. This, plus the GM chassis service and overhaul manuals are a must if you're restoring your Nova.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the Fisher manuel. I have an assembly manual for a 68, but it doesn't show the lock (Keyed) cylinder and how it attaches to the rod from the actual door latch inside the door. ALso Classic Industries sells a door lock prawl that attaches to the back of the lock cyliner but its for a camaro. SO, I'm hoping the diagram shows this to be an interchangable part, since I can't locate one for a nova.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts found
Paddock's new nova catalog has the lock pawls that I was looking for. Thanks again for looking/ responding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts