Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,finally got time to put the hinge pin kits in on my 74 2dr (copperhead)was really easy,opened door,tied wire to detent spring,put jack under end of door,raised it a little,pulled e type clips off hinge pins,knocked up bottom pin n pulled it out,jacked door up a little more pried out spring (no prob) knocked out upper pin,pulled door off,tapped out bushes, put in new bushes,put door back on jack and pushed in ,installed new pins and e clips(top pin first)took the detent spring and sqeezed it in vise and wrapped piece of wire tight around it,put it on detent lever and cut the wire,all is now well with both doors,also replaced door seal with sofseal replacements,very nice!! now i can hear radio lol,ps pin kits and door seals bought on ebay.anyway thought i would share with you all.:) :nascar: :chev: :beer: go jj 48

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jade76 said:
I bought my pins and bushing at Advanced Auto for about $10 and they work fine. They're found in the accessories aisle or just ask one of the sales reps for help finding them. The one's I used are plain universal GM hinge pins and bushings.
the reason i got them from ebay was that the bottom bush on mine was wallerd out a mite and the kit had oversize bushes that took care of that problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts