Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me where I can get a rubber plug to fit the hole in the photo? I've got to find two before we put the fenders back on the Nova.

Attachments

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Ace Hardware has a good selection of rubber plugs...unless you are looking for concours resto stuff.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately not our local ACE Hardware. Looked there first. GM Classic has an assortment of grommets and plugs but nothing that looks like this. I just might have to plug it with Black RTV but that would be a last resort.

Registered
I can't tell by looking at the picture but if it's a all rubber plug just lightly touch it with a sand or bead blaster and it should turn out like new. I also bought a few items from my local Lowes to fill some holes while working on various cars. We live in the sticks so if our Lowes has it most should.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. The plug is rubber but very hard. The one for the other side broke all to pieces and the one in the photo cracked on the back side of what is visible. Neither is usable so I'm looking for something else. I appreciate that it's impossible to find an exact replacement so I'll just have to make the rounds of the stores in the area and see what they have to offer.

I've found most of the plugs on what was C2O but nothing that looks like this. Was just hoping someone had replaced theirs and could point me to where they got theirs.

Can't seem to reach my body shop so if someone has their front fenders off could you please measure the diameter of the hole this plug goes in? Thanks.

Registered
Go to Steele Rubber Products, they are better known for their door, trunk and other weatherstrips but they also sell a lot of rubber pieces for our cars. BTW, if you can't find it listed specifically for your year & model look in the miscellaneous section.

Mike

Registered
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc., all you need to know. You鈥檙e welcome.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Found a lot of Soft-Seal body plugs on Summit. I'll be placing an order for the 3/8" SFT-0180 plugs along with other stuff that I need. Hope they fit. Thanks for all the replies.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sft-0180

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, thanks for the measurement of 3/8" hole so I now have a couple of plugs. Haven't delivered them to the body shop as they will only be installed after the paint which is suppose to be in the very near future, I hope. Thanks for the suggestions as with your help, I found numerous sources for these plugs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts