Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? Due to some bogus paint prepping im gonna be forced to strip her down again but before i do i might as well buy all my new adds beforehand. Playing with the idea of shaving the handles and patching the antenna hole. Let me know what you guys think?:devil:

I dont have alot of chrome on the car so the handles do accent it nicely but i really like the shaved look! opinions?? Advice???:confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree and i like the slick look but you dont think getting ride of the gas filler cap will leave it with too little chrome? I dont know... im on the fence... need someone to SHOVE me over! haha

·
6,398 Posts
If you do shave them, think about a backup plan to get into the car should something go wrong electrically or mechanically to get into the car. One other method is to put in different body coloed door handles that are flush(or near flush) with the door.

Good time to either shave the fuel filler or put in a body color fuel door that is body color.

Hoodbar not fit the hood?

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
I'm not going to make a suggestion either way because I like both looks. I'm just going to tell you that on my project I'm not going to shave the door handles but I will have door poppers. The one thing I hate about having shaved door handles is that you get fingerprints all over the door and window since people will use that to fully open the door to get in. I'm going to fill in the door button hole and smooth it.
Smooth the antenna hole and use an antenna that gets hidden in the farings of motorcycles for an underdash or headliner install.
Like everyone has mentioned, if your going to smooth the filler door nows the time to do it. I smoothed mine and will just have to pop the trunk whenever I have to fill the tank.

Mark, I love the Mazda filler door idea on your wagon! Very cool!

John

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Whats up guys? Due to some bogus paint prepping im gonna be forced to strip her down again but before i do i might as well buy all my new adds beforehand. Playing with the idea of shaving the handles and patching the antenna hole. Let me know what you guys think?:devil:
I'm ambivalent on the issue at this point. :turn:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I have heard that DRAG STRIPS don't like shaved door handles. So the question to you is. Will this car be Raced?
If yes, then forget shaving the door handles.

I like the smooth look. My vote is to shave them and the gas filler too.

B

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I say leave them in. Get a bowtie locking gas cap and paint it.

Love the gas filler door idea on the wagon!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Shave and a Haircut, 2 bits

Depends on how much trouble you want to get into....what I have found is that once you start cutting....you just cant stop....cant stop:turn:...cant stop:turn:....cant stop...:turn: cant.....:eek: Uh yeah what you feel comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Looks smooth! but you forgot to shave the markers. Thats ok i forgot to shave my handles!
Thanks, I left them on because I was afraid it would be to smooth, needed somthing to brake it up. Kind of wished I had added a charcole/silver Yenko stripe but I'm happy. Now if I could just get some bumpers.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Heres a cool idea im going to do on my 62

The handles are from a jaguar and the fit in the stock GM location bolt wise just needs a little metal removed and some added to it and they are a lot smaller so there is less if you still want door handles. atenna shave it and fuel door leave it the way it is. my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Heres a cool idea im going to do on my 62

The handles are from a jaguar and the fit in the stock GM location bolt wise just needs a little metal removed and some added to it and they are a lot smaller so there is less if you still want door handles. atenna shave it and fuel door leave it the way it is. my 2 cents
What year Jag are they from?

John

1 - 20 of 36 Posts