Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6,502 Posts
While I have not used factory door chime modules I have used something like this before:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/28-4855

I bought a similiar item like above from Radio Shack years ago and on a battery operated 3 wheeler for a kid to ride around on and I recorded a harley at idle and then when it was revved up and placed two buttons on the handlebars to where when one was pushed we had audio out of a cheap 4" speaker with the sounds of a harley idling and then when the other button was pushed it made the sounds of a harley motor revving up.

With the digital recorders you can record whatever you want and then when a switch is closed on it what was recorded then plays through a cheap speaker. The recorders also burn the info onto a chip to where if it becomes disconnected from power the info is still on the chip and it doesn't get erased.

While radio shack no longer sells the digital recorder I bought, they did have one a few years ago I bought and by taking it apart was able to modify it to put into a kids toy.

Jim

·
6,502 Posts
Cool idea but I was wondering if it be possible to splice in a 2006 and up door / key buzzer?
You need to find out how this "2006 and up" door/key buzzer works. Is it a GM buzzer, one from a ford, or ????.

If what you are looking at has two wires on it to where one wire takes a constant 12 volts and the other requires a ground it would probably be straight forward to wire.

I know on some of the newer GM vehicles the key buzzer/chime is generated out of the factory radio and left door speaker and it requires a data signal from the body computer. This would be very hard to install into a different vehicle.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts