Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the rubber for the doors and trunk that fits right?a few years ago i did a car and had to re-ajust the doors because the rubber i used was too thick?

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
I got my weatherstripping kit from Chevy2only.com, fits great, no leaks what soever.

The door weatherstripping is always a little thick in the beginning. i think its done that way on purpose so when the door closes it compresses it and creates a tight seal. I did mine about a year ago and they've been broken in enough to where i dont have to give the door a little something extra to close all the way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weatherstripping

How much bigger?what i mean is,did you just push harder or did you have to slam the door?what kind of adhesive did you use?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I used Soffseal for my door and trunk rubber and am really happy with the quality and the fit. I used 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive.

For front and rear window gaskets (I know you didn't ask) use Steele.

·
13,679 Posts
I did my 63 SS convertible doors, trunk and 'A' pillars with Soffseal. Only problem was the pins in the door rubber were too small for the holes in the door. Had no closing problems, but I know there are numerous others who have. I've heard Steele Rubber is softer and solves most of the difficulty closing doors and trunks.

Bob

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I used Soffseal for my door and trunk rubber and am really happy with the quality and the fit. I used 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive.

I just did mine and used the Soffseal brand also, VERY happy how it turned out. Also used the 3M Adhesive

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts

I just did mine and used the Soffseal brand also, VERY happy how it turned out. Also used the 3M Adhesive
I also used Softseal's on the 68. Took only 2 days for doors to shut with no effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts