Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Early in the morning, with those Derelicts. Kinda late notice, it was thrown together. Maybe see some of you there if there is a chance!

Dale
We need to start our own Derelict Donut thats local. I'll bet as people see our cars there more and more will show up!:yes: That place is just too darn far to be there that early in the morn!

we missed you guys at the hat , Dale Rk ,Al :yes:
Yeah I know, I'm the odd ball out with my goofy working hours!:rolleyes: Anybody take any photos?

·
Registered
761 Posts
theres a place that people use to meet up at in fontana . I think it was arrow and cherry . by the california speedway . I dont recall if it was sat or sun. mornings

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sunday mornings and its at a donut shop by california speedway the local club is called the donut gang i havent been yet but i think they do it from 7 to10am

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I was looking for that also. I knew of it but didn't know which day or time. I will look in the paper and see if it is listed. We can take it over if everyone can make it. :devil:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
actually do you remember that black prostreet 65 nova from mels diner cruise he is part of that club ( donut gang ) i beleive he told me they have been doing it for 20 years or so i need to check it out for socal novas to see if there is room for the gang im really close to fontana maybe 5 -10 minutes away yeah that would be cool to over run the donut gang with socal novas :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
It doesnt have to be a donut place, it could be a breakfast place like Farmer Boys there on Foothill. I'd rather have a good breakfast than a donut to start my day, but, thats just me!:rolleyes::D Anyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
It doesnt have to be a donut place, it could be a breakfast place like Farmer Boys there on Foothill. I'd rather have a good breakfast than a donut to start my day, but, thats just me!:rolleyes::D Anyway, just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing Al. Need to find somewhere in the middle of us. Maybe around Victoria Gardens

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yeah we could be called the socal nova farmer boys :no: that sounds good to aint nothing like famer boy breakfreast burritos :yes:

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Speaking of donuts, the corner, of Magnolia and Adams in Huntington Beach, was jam-packed by 6:30 this morning, and the variety of cars was awesome! Hung out with 69novajoe and his brother from New York, saw Tony and Gil and a few other Nova owners, and thanks to teddisnoke Dale, I met Dave (Altered Wheelbase '65 Nova) and his wife Pat, as well as Bill Sherman who showed up with his twin turbo, 1300-horse, 9.40s '60ish Falcon. What a great day! RK

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Speaking of donuts, the corner, of Magnolia and Adams in Huntington Beach, was jam-packed by 6:30 this morning, and the variety of cars was awesome! Hung out with 69novajoe and his brother from New York, saw Tony and Gil and a few other Nova owners, and thanks to teddisnoke Dale, I met Dave (Altered Wheelbase '65 Nova) and his wife Pat, as well as Bill Sherman who showed up with his twin turbo, 1300-horse, 9.40s '60ish Falcon. What a great day! RK
Sounds like we missed a good turn out. I wanted to go but didn't get to bed last night till after midnight, and I would have had to gotten up around 4:30 to have made it there on time.
Pics anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree on thinking about setting up our own thing up here somewhere. Like Al says, there is enough of us to support it. Who cares who shows up. Getting up and three thirty this morning, just to make it down, and get a spot got real old quick. But, I did have a good time, and later, helped Dave Henry get the engine bay ready for his Joe Sherman built 396. Missed you guys at the hat as well. Sorry, my friends!

Dale

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Sounds like we missed a good turn out. I wanted to go but didn't get to bed last night till after midnight, and I would have had to gotten up around 4:30 to have made it there on time.
Pics anyone?
I know what you mean Wade!:yes: Thats why we need to start something locally.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I went to the local one by me, Caffine crusiers, Hawthorne blvd and Redondo Bch blvd. It can get pretty big, not as big as D.D. but still a nice showing of about 80 or so cars.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
It was great seeing Dale, RK, Tony, Gil and a few other friends yesterday. My brother has been to the Donut Shop before but was still impressed. He brought my cousin who had never been. He was really blown away by all the cars. Turned out to be a "packed lot". I gave them a good "shot" of horsepower first thing in the morning, if you know what I mean!!:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
you know ive never made it down for one of them cruises i know where its at but i dont know when it is. is it the second saturday of the month and i do know its an early morning gig but what time does it start and end

1 - 20 of 32 Posts